Wednesday, June 10, 2009

not the best man, the better man Friday, January 09, 2009

not the best man, the better man
Current mood: blissful
Category: Romance and Relationships
I just wanted to mention that I have the best husband ever. I'm feeling sappy and I want to share with everyone. I am the luckiest girl to have Kirby for my husband.

The first time Jessica came to my house she was hungry so he made her food to eat- I think it was scramby eggs & toast & stuff. What man would ever do something considerate like that? Or girl for that matter? Not me! I would have just rummaged in the pantry for some chips or snack thing for her.

When we were dating almost daily he sent me text messages telling me how beautiful, sweet, sexy, I was (I archived many of them). Or just that he was thinking of me and that he missed me. I still get them, maybe not all the time, but a lot. I do get my daily lunch I love you texts! I can't get through my day with out those!

Often times we hide notes to each other. I get so excited when he'll pack my lunch to find a letter (yeah sometimes he packs my lunch). Last time I hid one in his wallet. Not a lunch- a note. I really think he's much sweeter to me than I am to him.

At night he lets me put my cold feet on him to warm up. In the mornings he gets my phone alarm that is ringing on the dresser so I don't have to face the cold quite yet. Either that or he's too tired to realize what he's doing…

Sometimes if I'm leaving in a hurry he'll scrape my car for me.

I always get whispers of "I love you" "you're beautiful" "you're cute" and sweet nothings. Especially when I'm not feeling well, look terrible, and am having bad days! He likes to snuggle, steal hugs, kiss my neck, give me mini massages.

I hardly ever have to cook. He split's the cleaning chores- but I don't think I've ever made him scrub the toilets or the tub. I'll do the women's work. He does the litter box more than he should (I forget it's in there). A few weeks ago he sewed a button on my ratty sweater and then fixed a hole for me. He was so good I can't even tell where my hole was!

He does manly things that impress me. For example, he likes tools and I get so bored looking at them at Lowes- it was cute how many times he asked me if I had a level... He builds stuff like tables, shelves, cat litter box house cages. He does stuff with wood working with his dad.. He's got an awesome relationship with his dad.

Kirby minutes are like 10 regular minutes. It's cute. He says the other day, but it could have been 2 months ago.

Kirby is an amazing father. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. He loves his little boy so much. He gets so excited on our weekends that we get all the kids together and we can be our little blended family. I guess with the 5 of us we aren't so little… but I love to see him with Josh (and sometimes Cruz). You can tell by watching those two together what a good father he is.

He has built a strong relationship with Gwyneth. She adores him and thinks the world of him. She likes to have him tuck her in at night after I do. She has opened up and has told us that he is the best s. dad ever (that s. stands for step).

I think things are pretty good with Gavin and him, too. Of course Gavin is older so it's harder to gauge because Gavin is not as outspoken as Gwyneth, but Kirby is constantly finding ways to build his relationship with him as a good step father.

I'm sure I could go on and on, but I think everyone reading this is probably all nauseated by how sickening my lovesickness is. I can't help it. I know I have a good man. I love him so much.

Life lesson: Relationships are mutual. You both have needs, give without expecting a return, but don't let the other person take advantage of you.

Comments:


: () that's my jaw dropped... lol. we could all use such a wonderful person in our lives... congratulations...! Many years of happiness to the both of you!
Posted by Kris on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 11:36 PM

U made me cry!!! Thanks for making the prego lady cry! AWW, u r lucky to have such an awesome hubby! U two are so adorable together! I am so happy 4 u Aryan!
Posted by Missy on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 7:49 PM

No comments: