Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Charities, Giving to the Needy? Bah Humbug Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Charities, Giving to the Needy? Bah Humbug
Current mood: triumphant
Category: Religion and Philosophy

Charities are like religions and I don't appreciate people shoving their charities in my face. I’m not going to drop a buck because everyone expects me to. I don’t bring in my children’s school crap and expect people to buy all this stuff off of me from work because I’m selling and promoting it. It is your hard earned money and I respect that.

It is MY hard earned money I can choose where I am going to put it IF I want to put it some place I think is worthy of putting it. I should hope that others can respect that for me as well.

I’m tired of people acting all high and mighty and better than me because I’m not all blah blah blah about what I’m doing for the poor and needy. Newsflash- I don’t really go out of my way during the holidays for the poor and needy. For one thing there are needy people ALL year round, not just during the holidays. So lets start by getting off our high horses and make a monthly contribution before you degrade me in front of a bunch of people again. Another thing- it isn’t your business where I put my money.

If you want to have a nice conversation with me and not lynch me for what I think is a good cause- then I would love to have a chat.

There are thousands of thousands of charities for someone to choose from and there are millions of reasons why someone would or wouldn’t choose one charity over another. I have my preferences over why I like the ones I do and I know everyone has their reasons why they like the ones they do.

Another point that was rudely brought up in my face was would I want to do a Christmas exchange at work? Sure- that would be fun. Oh but it was a trick question to catch me off guard to see how superficial I am. Because the answer to this was (and this is my "supervisor" with this horrid behavior, btw) WHY in the hell would I want to go buy stuff for people who DON'T NEED it when there are so many people out there suffering??.
*side note- who is she to say how needy our co workers are and that they don't need a gift to brighten their days??

Why would I want to buy people gifts that don’t need them? Well because I WANT to buy people gifts because I love and CARE for them and that is what I WANT to do for them. I have the spirit of GIVING. You don’t have to be needy to receive a gift! I like to buy for people I love, too.

I don’t always have extra money for my friends and if I do then I’m happy to buy them something special I think they would like because I can. So stop making me feel bad. Stop acting like a bitch. Stop being a (I can't think of another mean word) during this wonderful time of year and let me do what I want to do and let me have the holiday spirit.

She should be glad I can't think of 2 mean words. But while I'm still pissed and going off...

You’re not better than me just because you think you’re giving more to the poor than I am! You sit in your corner typing away gossipy notes and being nasty to me for what?? What purpose do you have at making ME feel bad?

What makes you better than me? Because you make sure that everyone knows your good deeds?

Anyway the point I'm making is I know there are a lot of bad things in the world going on and I understand there are a lot of needs, especially in this economy... I have been there myself and I have done that. I know how it's like to not have food on the table, to worry if you're going to have to buy presents for the children, and to wonder where you're going to find money to keep the lights on. I'm not insensitive... but I know I can't save the world!

I shouldn't have to live my life in misery because I know other's are (it does make me sad, but I can't withdraw and dwell on it- what good does that do?). I should be allowed to have happy holidays, too. I should be allowed to give to co-workers, friends, and families if I want without someone breathing down my back about what have I done for everyone else. I think I do my part. And if I don't Karma will bite me in the back (it always does).

Life lesson: You don't have to brag about what you give, in fact, it's your choice if you give at all. And you don't have to take crap from the "do gooders" of the world... I think sometimes it's those that are really making a mess of things...

Comments:

You go lady! You are a good person, don't listen to whatever that mean evil snob is saying! We love you~
Posted by Amanda on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 1:45 PM

You are exactly right! If you do things because you can't wait to brag about it, your are doing it for the wrong reasons. I love it when people send money to someone else and all that is with the money is a sweet little card, no name of who it was from. All that matters is that you gave a gift and that is between you and yourself, not you and everyone else. And you are right, those are the people making the messes, because people "feel" like they do good deeds doesnt mean they really do good deeds...they only do it to make themselves feel better...
Posted by Missy on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 3:42 PM

If you donate to charities but live your life as a royal itchy- crotch fat ass stupid cunt bitch, do they kind of cancel each other out? Ugh.The world is full of worthless sacks of crap. It's an awesome thing people like us are out there.
Posted by Julie on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 10:31 PM

No comments: