Sunday, June 7, 2009

Chew on this for a while Friday, October 10, 2008

Chew on this for a while
Current mood: catalyzed
Category: Dreams and the Supernatural
It's kind of funny- this dream that repeats itself over and over. It's more like a nightmare that incorporates itself into my regular dreams.

I'll be dreaming along when all of a sudden I'm chewing a piece of gum, get a piece of gum, or whatever and I want to get rid of it.

As a side note- those that know me know I can't chew gum. Nor do I want to. I think since I've divorced I had like maybe 2 pieces-3 at the most?? And I can't chew them long because stuff in my mouth makes me gag- like soggy bread.

ANYWAY (I swear I have ADD) I go to spit the gum out (I'm back to my dream here) and I can never get it all out of my mouth. There have been times where I have literally pulled my teeth up to scrape the gum off of them and out of my mouth. I have scratched my tongue with my fingernails digging at it. It just depends on what is going on in the main dream how it comes about. There were dreams where I was embarrassed about the gum and found a quiet place to pick it out of my mouth. I have ended up with trashcan full of gum (different flavors, every dream) and bag after bag of gum. I just can't get rid of it. Even after looking at all the gum I did get out I always feel like there is more in my mouth. I always pick an extra piece off of th back of my teeth with my tongue.

It's quite distrubing because it kind of gags me and I think it's caused some grinding.

So after dreaming this similar scenario for a month or 2 I finally googled it. You know what Google says?

This dream suggests that the dreamer may experience frustration in daily life due to a large scale or standing insolvable problem that leaves them feeling powerless. The dream represents an inability to digest or to process information or a dilemma. It also suggests that the dreamer is not able to express him or herself effectively and that repetitive and ineffective verbal expressions are typically used. Chewing gum in dreams may be a sign of childlike behaviors, vulnerability, powerlessness, and a need for nourishment. Courtsey of: http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Meaning_of_Dreams_about_Chewing_gum/id/241733

Interesting, huh?

The moral? Make sure you spit out your gum before you go to sleep, and rest your mind before resting your body. Daily life does take a toll on us, huh?

Comments:


Strange! My reoccuring dreams have to do with escape/conflict or flying.Dreams are weird. Do you every have totally made up people in your dreams that you have never seen before? I do...I hate it when I have violent dreams, because they are so intense and graphic, I often can't shake it for days.Dream analysis reminds me of horoscopes, either the answers are obvious, or vague... who knows?
Posted by Ben on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 6:17 AM


hmmm..it is interesting. Gum huh? Its wierd how our brains work while we are supposed to be sleeping!I always have this dream where I am somewhere, anywhere, and then I have to jump over something or jump up for some reason. And in the dream when I jump I keep going up and up and up, I think I will come down and then I realize I am going up over the trees, then in the clouds, and I keep thinking, "Oh my gosh, how I am going to get down...?" But I just keep floating up and up and its pretty scarey....lol
Posted by Missy on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 11:39 AM


I used to have awesome fun dreams and I could always remember them but lately, ever since Brodie was born, the only dreams I remember are horrible nightmares. I wake up in a panic, sweating, freaking out. They always involve someone stealing or hurting my babies. I hate them and want them to go away. I'll trade you the gum dreams. :) I like gum.
Posted by Julie on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 1:07 AM

No comments: