Sunday, June 7, 2009

Disgrace to an Angel, bowl, stamp and stuff Saturday, May 03, 2008

Disgrace to an Angel, bowl, stamp and stuff
Category: Pets and Animals
My cat is so stupid.

Right in that moment of sleep where you're dozed off and nearly out I hear this horrible crash and breaking sounds. I wonder vaguely what kind of glasses I left on the counter as I debate getting up to clean the mess or leave it for tomororw. Kirby goes to investigate the damage...

It's a known fact if you don't empty your glasses and put them in the sink Garry will try to stick his fat head in them and drink/play with whatever liquid is left. Likely you'll wake up to a drenched counter and a knocked over glass.

So I get my lazy rear out of bed and come to find the idiot attempted to jump from the corner of our couch to the corner of the fireplace mantel. We're talking a skinny ledge filled with nicknacks, glass figures, and other odds and ends. the evedence of his failure to make it was visible by the toppled over lamp and shattered glass all over, as well as a couple scratches where he apparently attempted to hang on for dear life (with his back feet because there are no claws on the front).

He pushed a lot of the stuff into each other, causing an oil filled bottle to topple along with a couple other small items. I kept a bowl with an angel in it that I got from my grandpa's funeral... This bottle from the top crashed right on top of the angel shattering it's head and breaking the bowl. (Ironically the bottle was fine). A stamp Kirby got from Korea also crashed damaging it and a coupe candles below. There was glass from one end of the fireplace to the other.

Of course the culprit was no where to be found. I was pretty mad, but I HAD to make sure he was okay.

One tinkle noice from the lasor light pointer and he was down from his hiding spot and jumping around to play.

So this morning when we were picking up the big chunks of glass and getting ready to vacuum the fireplace we noticed a claw. Gross! Sure enough Garry was missing like half a claw. yuck.

Comments:


That is why this lady hates cats. They are stupid. I'm sorry to hear about the damages. That sucks. Stupid cats.
Posted by Julie on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 2:45 PM

wow..what a thing to wake up to!
Posted by Crystal on Monday, May 05, 2008 - 7:24 AM

No comments: