Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Melissa Pletcher Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Melissa Pletcher
Current mood: calm
Category: Life
I went to the viewing today after work. It was bittersweet. She lead such a beautiful life. I wish I could have gone to her wedding. She was so beautiful.

I saw so many people. It was like one of my "old groups" was back Chrissy, April, Inger, Meliss's aunts, and grandparents... The people in my life at a time when I knew who my best friends were and where I belonged. I knew what I was doing. My friends erased my doubts and life was fresh and waiting for us.

I don't think I laugh as much now as I used to.

My heart aches for her family.

Death is such an amazing thing. I speculate on how much life a death can bring. It draws families and friends together. People can put aside differences and hold each other up. People you never expected to see the rest of your life are suddenly there. You can remember and celebrate the life that was lived.

Which brings me to another point. Donating. Because of wonderful people that donate they can give precious time to those that may not have time left. They can make the quality of living better than thought possible. I can't think of any reason that one would not want to donate if they are able to.

I am a donor, I've always been. I told Kirby if they want to cut my hair and donate it to go for it. It would be a great honor to be able to help someone else. I don't think I give much now; I want to give more than I do.

Oh Melissa- the things I wish I could tell you. The things I wanted to say to your sister! It wasn't you there, but it was. Seeing Chrissy and Inger was surreal.

She was a sweet soul and I will greatly miss her. She has always had a place in my heart- and she always will.


Comments:

Beautiful words....
Posted by April on Wednesday, October 22, 2008 - 10:15 AM

I didn't make it to her viewing; I was taking April's mom to a Dr Appt so that April could make it to the viewing. I'm sorry that I missed it & couldn't be there with everyone. Your words are so true & I'm sure many people will agree 100% with you. I am also a donor. I hope that everyone who is able to donate realizes how important & life changing that decision can be. I hope that all is well for you.~Triana
Posted by Triana on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 9:14 PM

No comments: