Sunday, June 7, 2009

still have a full tube of toothpaste Monday, July 21, 2008

still have a full tube of toothpaste
Current mood: cynical
Category: Fashion, Style, Shopping
While I appreciate the compliments those have given on my skin it only shows that when I DO have a breakout I'm super fabulous at applying my cover up. Nah, seriously for the most part my skin is pretty cooperative (which I am greatful).

Last week was awful, though. I was going to post a photo, but nope!! I did the toothpaste thing for a few days. I rubbed it in on the splotchy areas and it did dry out the fresh zits and reduced the reddness, but in the end it was time that made the biggest difference.

That- and I changed my regimine. I was using a proactive knock off (which I have been for the past year and a half) and switched my cleanser and lotion. I always wonder the long-term affects this has on skin... I mean the main ingredients in acne medication is benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. I always wonder what am I doing putting *acid* on my FACE?!

among acne products many have alcohol (which is a big no-no), and even sulfer among other things they mix with the 'inactive' ingredients!! yikes! Wouldn't you think if it was an inactive ingredient they wouldn't need it... I mean what is sulfer in an acne medication?? fillers?

And if you're wondering- I did my research! So when I'm 80 and while all my hot tanned friends have skin cancer I'll know why my face is literally faling off. Lose a chunk in my coffee.

So the moral of today's story is which is the lesser evil? Looking hot when you're old and wrinkley (for an old person) or looking hot now while you still have it going on? I'll choose now and then regret it when my skin really is falling off into my coffee. Who knows- by then maybe I won't be so conceited. :)

Comments:

Well, at least you won't need creamer! haha
Posted by Missy on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 10:51 PM



I LOVE your blog!!! You are such a nut!!! LOL
Posted by Andrea on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 1:43 PM


Proactiv has an over night spot cream that uses sulfer as it's main active ingredient. And, not that I know from experience... ahem, it works pretty good.
Posted by Ben on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 12:03 PM

No comments: