Sunday, June 7, 2009

yes, I have toothpaste on my face Tuesday, July 15, 2008

yes, I have toothpaste on my face
Current mood: determined
Category: Fashion, Style, Shopping
So as I'm about to try this new "remedy" with toothpaste I realize my daughter is following me around. Which can be pretty typical of her. She likes to sit on the bed and comb her hair (only because I make her) or pet the cats while I'm getting ready.

I get embarrassed about what I'm about to do (yeah like *I* should be embarrassed, come on I'm the mom)! So I shut the door when she realizes she needs the comb and I push the cap of the toothpaste tube down the drain and I grab the comb. For some reason since we've lived here we haven't replaced the drain. I have to physically remember NOT to put any valuable jewelry on the sink because if you know me I'll knock it in. There are at least 2 barrettes down there along with the toothpaste cap.

Being the clever one that I am, I replaced the cap with a travel tube that is halfway gone.

Anyway that wasn't the point I was making. I have no point.

So back to my toothpaste issue: I'm 28 years old and have noticed some very fine lines (right where I smile). I have been very diligent the last couple years to wash my face like I'm supposed to and to put on the creams, ect, ect to take care of my skin so I can age well. Because even though I know I'm in my 20's still, I know what lays ahead. Unfortunately I have to think about that kind of thing now…

People comment how young I look all the time and it occurred to me why. I have horrid acne. Well it's always been there, but recently- like this week- I have giant pepperoni splotches everywhere. Add some cheese and I am a pizza face. Well I'll only add cheese if you think it'll help the pepperoni. Because like my acne I don't care for pepperoni. (We anti-pepperoni people know that no amount of cheese can every truly hide it).

So anyhow- I am "in between" I have to worry about pimples AND wrinkles. That really isn't that fair! I don't know any other person my age that has it like this (don't lecture me; I know everyone has their own sob story). I look like I'm 16. I guess in an odd way "thank you zits for my youthful appearance"- hence the reason people think I'm so young.

Now on a whim with this current breakout I read that toothpaste (among other experiments I may try out later) may help with the zittage. I'll keep you posted if it works for me. So far I just feel minty fresh. Which considering this heat isn't too bad.

Now for the analogy that I know some of you only read my blogs for. Life is like acne it only gets really (super) bad when you least want them to. But then, just like zits, when do you ever want to allow them to be bad?

So now I guess I'll go get my Clearasil and brush my teeth because it's about time for bed

Comments:

If it makes you feel any better, I truly have never noticed your acne. Or wrinkles for that matter. Honestly. But then again I guess some of us just don't have to worry about those things. ;) Ah, it's wonderful to have beautiful skin.
Posted by Julie on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 11:26 PM

I hate zits too, they suck the big one! AND i have heard that toothpaste works. I have tried it!!! I dont think it really does work tho, i mean it gets all crusty and on your pillow. I mean it rubs off on your pillow so much you can actully just brush your teeth in bed the next morning..lol. Your skin is beautiful darling! and i never noticed your zits either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Missy on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 11:33 PM

Toothpaste on zits is bad! Brent once used it and it made the zit grow and get all disgusting... lol.
Posted by Ashley on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 9:50 AM

No comments: